StopTech Slotted Sport Front Brake Rotor for 2010-2020 Ford F150
StopTech PN#: 126.65119SL (Front Left)
A brake rotor’s primary function is to store and release thermal energy that is generated during the braking process. At first glance, two rotors from different manufacturers may appear to be identical, however, quality and performance cannot be determined by simply comparing the outside dimensions or aesthetics of the discs. Vane design, chemistry, metallurgy, casting methods and machining technique all contribute to the function of the disc once it is placed in service. StopTech® has the engineering and R&D resources to test rotors on one of three Link brake dynamometers, on street and track vehicles, and in the laboratory. StopTech® brake rotors are designed, engineered, and built to offer significant braking advantages over OEM parts.
StopTech® recognizes that great brakes need to look as good as they perform. Performance wheels and tires are best complemented with StopTech® Slotted (prefix 126) Sport Rotors. StopTech® slotted brake rotors prevent glazing of the pads, add bite and improve wet and dry braking performance. Every StopTech® Sport Rotor is produced from a high quality Centric Parts® blank casting and finished in a durable e-coating for corrosion resistance.
Excessive heat can cause resins in your brake pad to vaporize or "outgas." As the brake pad wears, the used friction material turns into a fine dust. This boundary layer of heat, gas and dust builds up between the pad and rotor surfaces and inhibits performance. Here's where StopTech SportStop slotted brake rotors make a big difference. StopTech SportStop Slotted Brake Rotors are a true performance rotor. Features:
- Power Alloy castings (on select applications)
- Engineered Performance Rotor
- Superior resistance to cracking due to thermal stress
- Increased molybdenum (higher carbon) content that extends reliability, service life and helps reduce NVH “noise” issues
- Rotor material is a direct descendant of the patented AeroRotor from StopTech
- Directional curve vane design (on select applications)
- Improved vane design or OE equivalent on all rotors
- Center split castings
- New short slot design runs perpendicular to the vane to preserve rotor strength.
- Direct OE Replacement
- Improved wet weather response
- Increased initial “bite”
- Double disc ground for a consistent friction surface and Improved pad bed-in
- Mill balanced
- Black E-Coated non-friction surfaces on “Power Alloy” rotors
- Enhances open wheel appearance