Stock Power: 365HP / 442TQ
MPT 93 PR-X Power: 500HP / 560TQ
Gain of 135HP & 118TQ (@Wheels)
- What is the difference between a tuner and a tune?
- This is a common question, and easy to explain. There are two parts to tuning. The first is the hardware, this is considered the TUNER, also known as programmer, downloader or even chip.
For the Gen 3 Ecoboost trucks, we support 3 different tuners. SCT 7015 PG-B, Cobb Accessport and HP Tuners RTD. (more info on differences below)
Then we've got the software side of things. This is where MPT comes in. MPT creates the "TUNE" file, the tune file is loaded onto your vehicle using the tuner of your choice. Ultimately, you can use the SCT Tuner, the Cobb Tuner or the HP Tuners tuner and you will get basically the same performance out of your MPT custom tunes.
If you already own a tuner for your 21-23 F150/Raptor 3.5 Ecoboost, then simply select "Tunes" from the drop down. If you need a Tuner and MPT Tunes, then select "Tuner" and you'll be able to bundle the Tuner and MPT Tunes.
We know this can be confusing, so any questions, don't hesitate to reach out by phone, email or on our social media channels. We are ready and willing to prove to you just how easy MPT makes tuning your vehicle.
Get ready for the most fun you've ever had driving your truck
Night and Day difference in performance
You'll be grinning from ear to ear!
Elevate every moment with better shifting, smoother power delivery, less lugging around and instant pedal response.
Features and benefits of getting your Gen3 Ford F150/Raptor MPT Tuned:
Enhance pedal response
Eliminate throttle lag for good.
Fix sloppy slow shifting
Make it drive and feel like it's not confused. Fix clunky stock shifting.
Remove Factory Speed Limiter
Absolutely necessary if you ever plan on testing the vehicle at the Drag Strip.
Turn off idle auto stop-start
No more waiting for the engine to start up again to take off.
Increase horsepower and torque
On Gen3 Ecoboost, MPT 93PR-X gains over 100hp to the wheels. With E85, it's over 200HP!
Correct Speedometer for Tire and Axle Changes
Lifted, bigger wheels, no problem.
Faster 0-60 and take off feels great with all the extra power.
Say goodbye to Turbo lag
Turbos spool up so much faster on Ecoboost applications.
Read DTC Trouble Codes
Be the friendly neighbor helping others figure out what that check engine light means.
This is what you've been asking for, the performance a Gen 3 Raptor & F-150 deserves.
The MPT tune really awakens the Beast! The throttle feel is perfect, the truck gets up and goes effortlessly, and the transmission shifts are so much better!
what people are saying
-Jason 23 Tremor 3.5L
-Scott Penka 22 Tremor
-Brandin 22 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
-Cody 21 F150 3.5 (Cobb AP)
-Brandon 22 F150 3.5
-Arnold 2021 F150 3.5
-Navin 22 Raptor
-Kyle 21 Tremor
The entire process is simple and straightforward.
It’s a night and day difference between running the MPT Tune and stock.
The increase in power throughout the power band is simply amazing, the throttle response is perfect, and the shifting is crisp and on point.
My name is Mike Thornhill, I'm the owner here at MPT. We've been tuning Fords for more than 15 years now. This is what we do, day in and day out. Tuning and performance is our specialty. I know some people might be new to tuning and may even think it's snake oil. I can tell you after one minute of driving, you will know the MPT difference is very real. I encourage you to read reviews, browse this page and don't hesitate to contact us for any questions you may have. Thanks for checking us out. // Mike @ MPT
Proven Performance with MPT Tunes
Info on MPT Tunes available ⤵
MPT PR-X Tune
- PR-X is our top-performance tune for the 21-23 Gen-3 Raptor & F150 Ecoboost Trucks. This is by far the preferred daily driver tune on this truck due to the ridiculous power gains over stock. The truck feels so much lighter with the increased throttle response and part throttle boost.
- PR-X is available for 91, 93, E30 and E50 fuel mixtures. (E85 as well with required upgrades - We can help with this) With this tune you are looking at huge increases in low end torque and acceleration, faster 0-60 times, quicker 1/4 mile results, shift points optimized with a focus on performance.
- The downshifts are tightened up putting you in the right gear at the right time. This means power to the wheels when the driver demands it. All driving modes drastically improve throttle response and feel, but click to Sport mode and this improvement is multiplied.
- NOTE: PR-X is not intended for towing.
MPT in Customer's Words:
It's amazing what just a tune can do
Absolutely 100% recommend tuning from MPT! Truck runs amazing and shifts perfect!
2021 2022 2023 Ford F150 Raptor 3.5L Ecoboost Tuner FAQs
What is a good tuner for the 2021-2023 Ford Raptor/F150 Ecoboost?
Ask around and you'll see, most say:
MPT is the best tuner for the Ford Ecoboost F150 & Raptors.
- We've been doing this for over 15 years.
- It's no secret that tuners work, it's been proven time and time again. Sometimes, they are called programmers, chips, and even downloaders. Their function is to write the new file into the vehicle's computer.
- The difference you get with MPT is not only the results, it's also the experience.
- MPT is considered the most trusted and established Ecoboost tuner amoung the F150 and Raptor community.
- Guides and answers to questions, helpful tips, time saving instructions.
- Anybody can sell a tuner to you.
- MPT does this all day long. You want an expert when dealing with programming your vehicle.
What can I expect with an MPT Tuned 21-23 Raptor/F150 3.5?
MPT was a pioneer for tuning the Ecoboost Trucks. We've spent more hours than we'd like to admit on the dyno developing and refining our series of MPT tunes. We've taken our own personal ecoboost truck to the drag strip and raced it. We daily drive our vehicles in order to know the vehicle inside and out. This knowledge has helped us develop MPT tunes that are purpose built with results that will surprise you.
- Truck feels lighter and is more fun to drive.
- Increased part throttle and wide open throttle boost.
- Huge Gains in Torque and Horse Power.
- Throttle Response is drastically improved.
- Faster 0-60
- Quicker 1/4 times
- Better shift points and shift firmness optimized.
- Removed Speed Limiters.
- Raised Rev Limiters.
- Correct Speedometer for tire and axle changes.
- Tune for most Aftermarket Modifications.
Should I wait to get MPT tunes until after other modifications?
Tuning should be your first modification for your 21-23 Gen3 Raptor or F150 3.5L Ecoboost Truck. The biggest gains are delivered with MPT tuning. Most other modifications require no change to the MPT tune. The few modifications that do require MPT tuning can be adjusted for. There is no reason to wait for tuning until after other modifications. For many customers, MPT tunes are the only modification done to their vehicle and they often mention wishing they didn't wait. When driving MPT tunes, customers agree this is how it should have came from Ford.
How are MPT Tunes delivered?
MPT makes this process as easy as possible for you and for those that still need help or have questions, our tech support team is ready and willing to assist. This is one of the many reasons, MPT is the preferred tuning choice. The tunes will be sent in an email with easy to follow instructions explaining how to get them from the email to the tuner.
Do I have to remove the pcm to get tuned on a gen3 Ecoboost F150/Raptor?
- SCT 7015PG-B Tuner - No, to tune a 21-22 Ford F-150 or Raptor 3.5 Ecoboost with SCT, the pcm doesn't have to be removed and sent in. The tunes are installed by connecting the SCT Tuner directly to the pcm. In cab flashing is not supported. Data logging and other functions remain in the cab.
- Cobb Accessport Tuner - Yes, to tune a Gen3 21-22 Ford F150/Raptor with Cobb, the pcm has to be removed and sent to Cobb. The unlock is included in the price of the Cobb Accessport and they provide a secure box with next day air pre-paid label both ways. Cobb processes the unlock quickly, typically 1 day turnaround time and it's own it's way back to you. After that, the process for tuning the vehicle is through the obd2 port in the cab.
- HP Tuners RTD Tuner - Yes, to tune a Gen3 F150 21-22 Raptor/F-150 with HP Tuners, the pcm must be removed and sent in. HP Tuners charges a $100 unlock fee and you are responsible for shipping both ways. Turn-around time is usually around a week.
Will MPT tunes affect my warranty?
This is a tough question for us to answer for the simple reason that the dealership is a 3rd party. They can literally do whatever they want. We can't speak on behalf of a 3rd party. They can void your warranty for changing your air filter if they are feeling like being a d-bag that day. That being said, we tune these vehicles all day log and customers getting their warranty voided is not a problem we deal with. Our tunes are safe and effective to not cause damage that a dealership would blame on tuning. If this is a concern of yours, our only recommendation is talk to your dealership. Otherwise, simply reload the Ford stock file before going for service. Our general rule is after the 1st oil change you are ready for tuning.
What happens if I go into the dealer for service?
- SCT 7015PG-B Tuner - Return to stock, dealer service is unaffected, flashing not recorded.
- Cobb Accessport Tuner - Return to stock, dealer service is unaffected, Cobb unlocked pcm remains functional and unlocked after dealer service.
- HP Tuners RTD Tuner - Return to stock, HP Tuners unlocked pcm remains functional and unlocked after dealer service.
Will my OTA (Over the Air) updates still work after tuning my Gen3 Ecoboost F150/Raptor?
Yes, the OTA updates are unaffected while tuned. If using Cobb or HP Tuners, the pcm remains unlocked and retains functionality.
How long does it take to get MPT Tunes?
Tunes, log reviews and tune updates are completed in order received. We have a full time staff at MPT, with 3 tuners so we cycle through them at a pretty good rate but obviously we don't want to go so fast that we make mistakes. Generally speaking, 2-3 business days is a good estimate. We do however have an option to skip to the front of the line. That service is referred to as Rush My Tunes and gets your tunes completed in 1 business day or less.
Can you tune a 2023 Ford 3.5 Ecoboost F150 or Raptor?
Yes, MPT can provide this service for you. It requires an in-person procedure to clone the 23 pcm software onto a 21-22 pcm hardware. We use the Ford tool FDRS to make everything function the same as before. As far as your truck's features and Ford is concerned, the truck and pcm is still a 2023. The difference is only the hardware. Once MPT completes this swap, we can use SCT, HP Tuners and soon to be Cobb as well.
Is the PowerBoost Supported for Gen3 Ecoboost Tunes?
- SCT 7015PG-B Tuner - Yes, Custom in person Dyno Tunes supported.
- Cobb Accessport Tuner - No, Powerboost is not supported by Cobb AP Tuners.
- HP Tuners RTD Tuner - Yes, HP Tuners has support to tune the F150 Powerboost trucks. After pcm is unlocked, MPT can provide custom in person dyno tunes.
How do I choose my MPT Tunes?
MPT has an online question form that gathers your information, details on your vehicle and lets you pick your tunes. It's referred to as the MPT Tune Form. Links will be in your confirmation email as well as this website near the top and bottom.
What MPT Tunes are available?
For the Gen3 Trucks, we offer our MPT PR-X tune, the MPT Daily-Tow Tune, MPT Adaptive Any Octane Auto Adjust Tune. We can setup tunes for 87 octane, 91 octane, 93 octane and also blends of E-85 such as E30, E50 or even full E85 if you have the setup to handle it.
Is Trans Tuning included with MPT Gen3 Ecoboost Tunes?
Yes, transmission tuning is included for all 3, Cobb, SCT and HP Tuners. MPT does not charge extra for Trans Tuning.
Are new spark plugs needed for MPT Tunes?
For Gen3 truck, this is important. Many of them have a flat seat spark plug from the factory. Flat seat plugs have a washer on there and are cranked to an exact torque setting ensuring they are clocked to the right position. Previous generation trucks had a tapered seat plug and this didn't matter as much. General rule of thumb is to not use a tapered seat plug on a vehicle that is meant for flat seat plugs. The Ford manual and Ford Service documents mention how big of a deal this is. Misfires, and even engine damage can happen from using the wrong plugs. As far as needing new plugs for MPT Tunes, the answer is no. Stock oem plugs work just fine and typically with plugs you'll know when it's time for a new set. The vehicle will start idling rougher than normal or you'll feel it cutting out while you are under boost. In that situation you will either re-gap the plugs or replace with a new set.
What is required to use MPT Tunes?
No aftermarket modifications are required before you can use MPT Tunes.
How do I fix my speedometer after changing tire size?
- SCT 7015PG-B Tuner - Once a tune is installed using the SCT Tuner, there is an option within special functions to correct the speedometer for changes in tire size and/or axle ratio.
- Cobb Accessport Tuner - Yes, once a tune is installed using the Cobb AP Tuner, there is an option to correct the speedometer for changes in tire size.
- HP Tuners RTD Tuner - Not yet, there are plans to have this available for Gen3 vehicles within VCM Scanner.
I have an SCT X4 Tuner from a previous 2020 or older vehicle, can I use that to tune my 21-23 F150/Raptor Truck?
No, the previous model SCT X4 7015 tuner may look the same, but the firmware loaded at SCT is different and the 7015PG-B is considered a different tuner.
I have an HP Tuners RTD from a previous 2020 or older vehicle, can I use that to tune my 21-23 F150/Raptor Truck?
Yes, the same HP Tuners RTD tuner will work on the newer vehicles. The only requirement is the pcm must be removed, and sent to HP Tuners to be unlocked.
Are MPT Tunes safe for my engine?
MPT is proud of our reputation, while some tuners are known for blowing motors, MPT is known for quality tunes and customer service. Our goal is to deliver tuning that we can recommend with a good conscience. The tunes we sell have been dyno tested more than we want to admit, they have been emissions tested, they have been street tested. We run these tunes in our vehicles daily. PR-X is our preferred daily driver tune. Then on top of this solid base, we also offer data log reviews to confirm everything is good to go. This can help one find items that could contribute to issues if not resolved, such as low engine oil.
Will MPT shut off check engine lights?
Absolutely not. It is More Power Tuning's (MPT) policy not to manufacture, offer for sale, sell, convey, or otherwise transfer any product, including Handheld Devices, Pre-Loaded Tunes, or Calibrations that contain features to bypass, defeat or render inoperative the following: EGR, Rear Oxygen Sensors, SCR, DPF, NAC, DOC, or any diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) associated with these emission controls. Products/Calibrations shall retain the full operation and functionality of the On Board Diagnostic System (OBD), will continue to satisfy emissions requirements, such as meeting standards within useful life or maintaining emissions performance outside useful life. MPT does not support modifications that remove or alter the emissions system of the vehicle. MPT will not shut off check engine lights caused by non-emissions compliant parts installed. MPT has proven night and day difference in power while conducting extensive emissions testing to document reasonable basis that the vehicle is not adversely affected.
How much power will a tuner make on the Ford Ecoboost F150?
Generally speaking, we easily get 100hp over stock. Our MPT Tunes make the most power we feel comfortable with for the type of tune it is. Our tunes that are designated for towing will make less power than MPT PR-X tune which is for performance. We have dyno graphs and information available for most tunes.
Is premium fuel required for MPT Tunes?
Premium fuel is recommended in general. Believe it or not, fuel octane make a big difference in power. The individual tune name will reference the octane fuel required for that specific tune. If a tune is written for 87 octane, you can use it with 87 in the tank or better. If the tune is written for 93 octane, you cannot use it with 87 octane in the tank. You must use 93 octane fuel with a 93 octane tune.
Are MPT Tunes custom?
MPT conducts dyno research on all vehicles supported. Testing over and over until the best results are achieved while retaining safety of the engine. This is custom tuning. The tunes we email out have been custom tuned to the max, to take it even further than that though, we also offer data logging reviews. This process provides us with real-time data of your vehicle with our MPT tune. If we see any necessary changes, we will take that info and further customize the tune specifically for the vehicle. It's not uncommon that MPT recognizes mechanical issues in the data log and can help diagnose or point you in the right direction for resolving it.
What if I'm not happy with the MPT Tune?
We are proud of the hard work put into our MPT tunes, but we understand not everyone has the same personal preference. We offer 60 days of preference based changes. This allows the consumer to experience the night and day difference of MPT tunes first hand and then provide us with any feedback or notes for revisions. This 60 days also includes data logs to review the performance of the vehicle while tuned. Our ultimate goal is to make sure you are 100% happy with the MPT tunes. If you are not, then we want to know about it and fix it.
Does the 21 22 23 Ford F150 Raptor 3.5 Ecoboost have a speed limiter?
Yes, the Ford Raptor/F150 Ecoboost 3.5 has a factory speed limiter. MPT Tunes can fix this and remove the speed limiter on the Ecoboost F150. MPT can raise the speed limiter to a set value or even lower the speed limiter.
Can you tune a 21-23 Ford F150-Raptor?
Yes, 100%. MPT Tunes make a night and day difference on the 2021-2023 F150/Raptor Ecoboost Trucks.