Full Race Freakoboost Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit for 2011-2014 Ford F-150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
The addition of a high performance air-to-air intercooler to a 2011, 2012, 2013, or 2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost is an important bolt-on upgrade for its turbocharged Ford EcoBoost engine. Also known as the 'C-A-C' (Charge Air Cooler), Full Race relocates the intercooler up high in the grille, increasing fresh airflow and to keep out of harm's way. Independent datalogs show OEM intercoolers hitting 190F at max load, compared to 100F with just the Full-Race Intercooler upgrade installed. Full Race uses efficient and strong bar-and-plate intercoolers with optimized Fin pitch, and professionally TIG welded gussetted brackets / endtanks in exact fixtures. The lower mounting beam is hand-fabricated from powerful steel and powder coated black. This intercooler uses 3" inlet / 3" outlet and is available with water/meth bungs on the coldside charge pipe. Each intercooler is individually pressure tested to 50 psi before shipping.
The Ford F-150 is a tough truck that will be subjected to both job site and off-road wear and tear. Therefore, strength and durability are a necessity. Factory ecoboost intercoolers are built with thin aluminum cores crimped with plastic endtanks. This design is cost effective, quick and easy to produce, and offers cooling that can handle the stock turbos. However, high-performance and larger turbos can be too much for the stock core, causing 'heatsoak' (intake air temperatures rise uncontrollably) and a reduction in power to go along with it. In high humidity or rainy environments, the stock intercooler position can lead to condensation water building-up inside the stock cooler. Upon sudden acceleration and boost, this water can be introduced into the engine causing a misfire event. If you have experienced this often, Full Race recommends using a mechanical vent-to-atmosphere BOV (blow-off valve) on the lower charge pipe, after the intercooler. These can help evacuate moisture from the charge air stream before it enters the engine's throttle body. Includes:
- Front Mount Intercoooler core with greater than 1000cfm flow rate for less than 1psi pressure drop at 600+hp airflow levels. 70% more internal flow area than stock, using oversized 10mm charge air and 10mm ambient air paths (compared to the stock 6.5mm air paths)
- Aluminum Charge Piping (Hot and Cold Side)
- 2-ply Couplers and t-bolt clamps
- Intercooler Mounting Beam
NOTE: The 2013-2016+ Ebov may leak boost above 22psi, so Full Race recommends using a mechanical BOV for any high boost setups. 2013-2016+ Applications which convert from eBOV to Mechanical BOV (TurboSmart or TiAL), look to see if your intake manifold has an unused vacuum nipple behind the TB. If not, a TB spacer or PCV delete are recommended. Product is custom built and may take up to a month before delivery.
- Direct Replacement: Plug-and-Play - No tuning required!
- High efficiency core designed specifically for the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine
- Hand fabricated, professionally TIG welded endtanks and mounting tabs with bead-rolled charge pipes
- Optional aluminum bungs on charge pipe to suit Water/Meth injection nozzles
- Retains OEM sensors and purge solenoid fittings
- No cutting or permanent modifications required - Direct Bolt On
- Optional Black Anodizing on intercooler for stealth appearance
- Allows EcoBoost F150's to use a off-road prerunner bumper, approved snowplow mounts and other accessories
- Winch Compatibile: Rough Country 1010 hidden-winch mounting plate + VR10000 WARN Winch ***NOT INCLUDED***