Full Race Freakoboost Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit for 2015-2016 Ford F-150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
The addition of a high performance air-to-air intercooler to a 2015 and 2016 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost is an important bolt-on upgrade for its turbocharged Ford EcoBoost engine. Also called by many the 'C-A-C' (Charge Air Cooler), Full Race moves the intercooler to higher up in the grille, enhancing fresh airflow and to make sure it is kept out of the of any harm. Independent datalogs show the factory intercoolers reaching 190F at max load. That's quite high when you compare it to the 100F temperature that the Full-Race Intercooler upgrade is able to maintain. Full Race features efficient and durable bar-and-plate intercoolers with optimized Fin pitch, and professionally TIG welded gussetted brackets / endtanks in precise fixtures. The lower mounting beam is hand-constructed from strong steel and powder coated black, adding to the durability. This intercooler also features 3" inlet / 3" outlet and can be purchased with water/meth bungs on the coldside charge pipe. Each intercooler is individually pressure tested to 50 psi before it is sent to you.
The Ford F-150 is a rugged and durable truck that will be tested by both job site and off-road conditions. That makes strength and durability necessities. Factory ecoboost intercoolers are constructed with thin aluminum cores crimped with plastic endtanks. This design is cheap, fast and simple to produce, offering cooling that can deal with the OEM turbos. Yet, high-performance and bigger turbos can be outside the capabilities of the stock core, leading to what is known as 'heatsoak' (intake air temperatures increasing widly) and a loss in power right along with it. In high humidity or rainy environments, the stock intercooler position can many times cause condensation water to build up inside the stock cooler. Upon sudden acceleration and boost, this water can be sent into the engine, leading to a misfire event. If you have dealt with this multiple times, Full Race recommends using a mechanical vent-to-atmosphere BOV (blow-off valve) on the lower charge pipe, after the intercooler. These assist in evacuating moisture from the charge air stream, keeping it from entering the engine's throttle body. Includes:
- Front Mount Intercoooler core with greater than 1000cfm flow rate for less than 1psi pressure drop at 600+hp airflow levels. 70% more internal flow area than stock, using oversized 10mm charge air and 10mm ambient air paths (compared to the stock 6.5mm air paths)
- Aluminum Charge Piping (Hot and Cold Side)
- 2-ply Couplers and t-bolt clamps
- Intercooler Mounting Beam
- Horn Relocation Bracket
NOTE: The 2013-2016+ Ebov may leak boost above 22psi, so Full Race recommends using a mechanical BOV for any high boost setups. 2013-2016+ Applications which convert from eBOV to Mechanical BOV (TurboSmart or TiAL), Look to see if your intake manifold has an unused vacuum nipple behind the TB. If not, a TB spacer or PCV delete are recommended. NOTE: This item is built to order and can take up to one month to ship.
- High efficiency core designed specifically for the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine
- Hand fabricated, professionally TIG welded endtanks and mounting tabs with bead-rolled charge pipes
- Optional aluminum bungs on charge pipe to suit Water/Meth injection nozzles
- Retains OEM sensors and purge solenoid fittings
- Direct Bolt On, only removal of shutter assembly required
- Optional Black Anodizing on intercooler for stealth appearance
- Allows EcoBoost F150's to use a off-road prerunner bumper, approved snowplow mounts and other accessories