Full Race V2 Intercooler Kit for 2011-2020 Ford F-150 2.7L / 3.5L and Raptor 3.5L Ecoboost
***Intercooler for 2011-2014 models is *NOT* winch compatible***
Full Race's V2 Intercooler is the strongest and highest flowing intercooler ever developed for the F150 EcoBoost. Featuring aerodynamic cast endtanks with an updated core, the result is a whopping 20% increase in flow compared to their V1 units. Each and every unit is leak tested to 50psi (even small pinhole leaks can lose power).
The Ford F150 is a tough truck that will be subjected to work site and off-road abuse, high strength and durability are critical. Whether upgrading for increased performance or adding prerunner bumper, intercooler upgrades are the recommended first modification for turbocharged EcoBoost engines. Also known as the CAC (charge air cooler), the stock F-150 CAC is located below the radiator in the lower front grille area. The OEM EcoBoost intercooler uses a thin aluminum core crimped to plastic end tanks, allowing heatsoak (intake air temperatures rise uncontrollably) and a corresponding reduction in power. The stock intercooler can not fit an aftermarket bumper and it can’t handle increased airflow from larger turbos or a tuned F-150 with stock turbos. In comparison, Full Race uses an aerospace quality intercooler core and their end tanks are expertly TIG welded in precise fixtures. The lower support beam is hand-fabricated from high strength steel then powder coated black. Using 3-inch inlet / 3-inch outlet, the coldside charge pipe is available with water/meth bungs as requested.
In high humidity or rainy environments, the stock intercooler position can lead to condensation water building-up inside the stock cooler. Upon sudden acceleration and boost, this water can be introduced into the engine, causing a misfire event. Full Race recommends using a mechanical vent-to-atmosphere BOV (blow-off valve) on the lower charge pipe, after the intercooler. These can help evacuate moisture from the charge air stream before it enters the engine’s throttle body. The 2015+ eBOV may leak boost above 22psi, so we strongly recommend using a mechanical BOV for any high boost setups.
Includes: (Some options will vary per vehicle)
- Front Mount Intercooler core with >1000cfm flow rate (70% more internal flow area than stock), using oversized 10mm charge air and 10mm ambient air paths (larger than the stock 6.5mm size) for less than 1psi pressure drop at 600+hp airflow levels. 17.8L internal volume
- Intercooler Lower Mounting Beam
- Intercooler Upper Mounting Bracket
- Aluminum Charge Piping (Hot and Cold Side)
- Couplers and Clamps
- Horn Relocation Bracket
- Adaptive Cruise Control Relocation Bracket (2017+ Models)
- Optional Black or Gun Metal coating available
NOTE: Applications which convert from eBOV to Mechanical BOV (TurboSmart or TiAL) – look to see if your intake manifold has an unused vacuum nipple behind the TB. If not, Full-Race's TB spacer -or- PCV plug are recommended. This item is built to order and can take up to one month to ship.
- High-efficiency core designed specifically for the 2.7L, 3.5L and Gen2 Raptor V6 EcoBoost engine
- CFD optimized high strength cast endtanks using ANSYS software
- Optional aluminum bungs on charge pipe to suit Water/Meth injection nozzles
- Retains OEM sensors and purge solenoid fittings
- Allows EcoBoost F150's to use a off-road prerunner bumper, approved snowplow mounts and other accessories (2015 and newer models only)